Grow your career as a Senior Application Support with an innovative global bank in Tampa, FL. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will deal with providing the observability & monitoring related support to various teams and will have to support up to 90 applications. Will play a key role focusing on the infrastructure, system, & application monitoring through existing & industry standard monitoring tools. Will also focus on analyzing the client monitoring requirements coming up with viable automation monitoring solutions.
- Act as Observability & Monitoring SME to senior stakeholders and/or other team members.
- Intelligent Monitoring: SME for all monitoring tools selected for application/infrastructure/log monitoring, including predictive analytics.
- Collaborate with all the stakeholders driving incident prevention activities through self healing, expansion/tuning of monitoring and continued development of routine health checks and knowledge objects.
- Apply analytical thinking and knowledge of monitoring tools and methodologies breaking down information in a systematic and communicable manner.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how areas of apps support collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Consider implications of the monitoring technology to the current environment.
- Provide technical and business monitoring & observability support for users of company applications.
- Monitor & analyze applications to identify performance issues, potential risks, vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Utilize good understanding of apps support procedures and concepts and basic knowledge of other technical areas to field issues and queries from stakeholders, provide short-term resolutions and work with relevant technology partners for long term remediation.
- Act as a liaison between users, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
- Make evaluative judgments based on analysis of factual information. Resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions. Cooperation with Development colleagues to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Involved in creating custom solutions for monitoring automation & governance.
- Participate in custom solution releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Perform testing , upgrades & checkouts after new version releases and infrastructure updates.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Drive ideas and information impacting the business positively by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others.
- Active involvement in and ownership of support project items, covering stability, efficiency, and effectiveness initiatives.
- Perform duties and functions as assigned in a concise and logical manner.
- Bachelor’s/University degree is required. Prefer Masters degree.
- Prefer AppDynamics related certification.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 10+ years experience with end to end monitoring & observability concepts (APM/Synthetic ), apps support procedures and other technical areas.
- 10+ years of working as a Senior Application Support Analyst with strong experience in AppDynamics and Microfocus BSM.
- 8+ years of experience in Java/J2EE tech stack.
- Basic knowledge of Springboot, REST APIs, UI frameworks.
- 5+ years of experience in Database , Oracle , SQL.
- 5+ years experience in Unix/Linux, Scripting.
- Must have experience in Java, SQL and Unix/Shell.
- Must be able to support/maintain Java applications at a code level 20% of their time.
- Must have AppDynamics and Microfocus BSM
- Basic knowledge of app - Webserver, Tomcat, Apache, IHS, etc. Prefer advanced knowledge of these applications.
- Basic knowledge of Containerization, OpenShift. Prefer advanced knowledge of these applications.
- Basic knowledge of Log Monitoring, Splunk, ELK. Prefer advanced knowledge of these applications.
- Prefer knowledge/experience of problem management tools.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.