Job Title: Senior Account Executive
Preferred Job Location in order: Redmond, WA; Frisco, TX; Kansas City, KS; Atlanta, GA; or US Remote.
This is a Permanent Position with MATRIX in an Account Executive role. We look forward to being on the team of individual who is immensely energetic and highly passionate about business growth. We are THE proud high-performing and fastest-growing team at MATRIX. Every Account Executive on our team is obsessed with customer success and possesses a fine blend of technology and business depth.
We believe for an individual to be successful in this role will need to have a good background in customer engagement leadership, managing software and/or solutions delivery team(s), and the KEY here is truly interested and committed to a strategic business expansion role including adding new logos and expanding our footprint with existing customers in the areas of emerging technologies - Cloud Transformation, Data and Analytics, and Internet of Things (IoT). The ideal match is someone with direct program execution/operational experience as a director and above.
The Account Executive will provide thought leadership to customers and serve as a customer advisor to create and leverage strategic partnerships. The Account Executive will be the main point of contact for supporting MATRIX’s telecom business and is responsible for the growth of the technology footprint and building client relationship management while closely working with MATRIX’s internal teams (Delivery, Sourcing, Account Coordination, etc.). The Executive will have or develop the minimum technical skills to understand and translate the customer's requirements to the right technology architecture and connect to the various use cases. The Leader exhibits executive presence and will add value to both business and technical customer roles, with the ability to generate and drive predictable revenue growth.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the customers (including C-Suite) and partners in their strategic initiatives, save costs for customers, and help drive efficiencies.
- Identify and actively prospect with potential customers and perform the full range of consultative technical sales activities i.e., demand generation campaigns to build an accurate and robust pipeline (including turnkey, staff augmentation, and managed services programs) and commit to a forecast of specific business opportunities within a period.
- Engage with the customers in End-to-End technical processes (i.e., consult, convert, deliver, and retain) by using balanced and effective pursuit strategies. Leverage your knowledge of Cloud Computing, Data and Analytics, or Internet of Things (IoT) to assist customers in moving forward with winning strategies and solutions.
- Develop negotiating strategies, examine threats and opportunities, understand customers’ needs and goals (i.e., work backward from customers), and close agreements by developing the best possible ROI-tailored proposals and compelling cost models by following MATRIX’s best practices and processes.
- Drive the business and technical engagements with the customers. Be passionate about solving problems by developing high-end solutions to address customer challenges.
- Develop and manage strong and long-term client relationships via a partnership model with an obsession to solve customers’ problems and constantly explore different avenues to generate value for both customers and MATRIX.
- Hire and manage the team of consultants and employees (as applicable) based on the customer project/program needs or type of customer engagements.
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders (Delivery and Sourcing) to discuss the open needs of the customers and deliver those below needs
- Time and Material (T&M) programs – qualify the consultants, position the top performers, coordinate the customer and consultant discussions, take ownership of onboarding facilitation, manage the margins diligently, etc.
- Turnkey or Managed Delivery programs – Build and manage high-performing teams, oversee the program execution, lead the program governance, manage communications, manage the financials, etc.
- Participate and effectively contribute to the MATRIX business review discussions including presenting sales forecast, ongoing program financials review, bringing innovative ideas related to growth in revenues, etc.
- 20+ years of working experience in the IT industry
- Extensive experience in customer-facing roles like customer engagement management and program governance.
- Solid experience in building and managing high-performing teams. Preferably worked in the capacity of director or above.
- Good technology background like Cloud Computing, Data and Analytics, and/or Internet of Things (IoT).
- Ardent desire and commitment to technical business development are extremely important for this role.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, and openness to travel (<=20%) are a must for this role.
- Bachelor/Master of Science (B.S. or M.S.) and Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Basic certifications in one or more cloud providers and capability areas
- Basic certifications in one or more data and analytics area
- Program Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Fast-paced environment with a high degree of "interrupt-driven" activities occurring in a rapidly moving setting (i.e., multiple phone calls at once, multiple people demanding attention at once).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Requires a high level of energy, concentration, intensity, and ability to handle many details simultaneously.