Job Summary: Responsible for helping the company leverage technology for its revenue accounting processes. Scope of responsibilities will include utilizing revenue accounting expertise to improve revenue systems, processes, and data analysis.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, business process analysis, stakeholder consulting, facilitation, and project management skills to work with the revenue accounting team to define business needs, assess capability gaps and define automation opportunities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business owners and develop strong business relationships.
- Provide timely and adequate two-way communication to ensure mutual understanding of delivery roadmaps and defining business processes and associated system requirements.
- Responsible for collaborating with information technology (IT) regarding quality assurance for reviewing, testing and facilitating design and development of enhancements.
- Lead and coordinate user acceptance testing and change management of identified system enhancements and process improvements.
- Identifies, executes and manages change related automation opportunities within the existing revenue processes that reduce manual tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Internal applicants should meet all eligibility requirements per employee handbook.
- Bachelor's degree required; BA or BS degree with undergraduate accounting course work preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience required; oil and gas Revenue Accounting experience required.
- CPA or related professional certification preferred.
- Experience with Production/Volume Allocation, Valuation, Taxation, Revenue Distribution, and Regulatory Compliance areas preferred.
- Preference for working in a service-oriented environment where continuous improvement of business processes is expected.
- Previous experience with Quorum Revenue Accounting application is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Power BI preferred and must have Reporting experience.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills to manage workload, projects and people.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment solving complex business problems.
- Must be able to translate business requirements into technical requirements for solution development.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.