This is a Technical role and Specialists on this team are responsible for the operation and security of the networks (Data+Telephony) at our client's store locations, and the coordination of associated vendors for servicing those items.
Previous experience with Windows support.
Previous POS experience preferred.
SummaryThis position is responsible for providing networking, troubleshooting, and project support to all client retail locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports next generation firewall and managed switch for 1000 retail locations
- Supports Wide Area Network for 1000 retail locations
- Supports 2000 VPN tunnels for retail locations
- Assists with networking and telecommunications projects for retail locations
- Troubleshoots broadband internet issues for 1000 retail locations
- Manage hosted Voice over IP solution for 1000 retail locations
- Provides technical support, fielding calls and escalations for retail locations.
- Provides outstanding customer service to retail locations and corporate staff
- Provide daily support on incidents, problems, tasks and complex projects
- Provide ongoing maintenance for network hardware/software, appliances and vendor coordination
- Monitor performance levels and trends throughout retail LAN/WAN network to determine quality of service for the entire infrastructure
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned by our client's management
- Prepares written materials (e.g. procedures, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information
- Recommends equipment, software / hardware supplies and materials
- Responds to emergency situations as needed
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. coworkers, retail store employees and outside vendors etc. ) for the purpose of providing technical assistance and support
- Notifies field employees of technician dispatches.
- Tracks vendor shipments to retail locations.
- Confers with the field to verify the arrive and securement of equipment.
- Works with vendors to schedule retail location closures and acquisition openings.
- Maintains ticket documentation with all relevant updates.
- Communicates with field regarding offline stores.
Technical & Other Skills:
- A strong understanding of broadband solutions and vendor management is required
- Must be willing to own environment outside of normal business hours
- Must be a proactive self-starter
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS is required
- Experience managing technical projects is required
- Experience with Next Gen UTM Firewalls a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco Meraki -but client is willing to train
- Experience with IP based UPS a plus
- Experience with cellular WAN connectivity is a plus
- Experience with broadband and POTs aggregation solutions is required
- Experience with new store openings, ordering, provisioning, and installation of broadband internet/POTs is required
- Experience with SIP/Voice over IP is required
- Experience with hosted Voice over IP is preferred
- Experience with Disaster Recovery is preferred
- Experience in installation of OS, joining to a domain, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Terminal Services, Office 365 etc
- Expert knowledge on desktop software Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Visio, and other software is required
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies