Our client located in Atlanta, Georgia is seeking to hire a Python Developer to join their team. They are seeking an experienced Python software developer with a strong mathematical and/or statistical modeling background to help with the design and development of mathematical calculation modules for the next generation of our successful Azure-based actuarial commercial software suite. Individual will work closely with the PCIS development team to review, test, edit and write Python based calculation modules that will run in an Azure based Kubernetes environment.
Specifically, the individual will work closely with actuarial Subject Matter Experts and Senior Software Developers to perform the following tasks:
1. Perform a code review of our existing Python modules,
2. Assist with performance and benchmark testing of these modules,
3. Make recommendations for how to improve and optimize the modules,
4. Optimize these modules to improve performance,
5. Work with subject matter experts to understand requirements and to help design, code, and test additional modules.
Not required, but nice to have: