Seeking a highly motivated
Project Engineering Lead. In this role, you will deliver solutions and systems that support the physical and cyber security of critical infrastructure sites, such as nuclear power generation plants.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and training to your team members located at multiple sites.
- Develop your knowledge and team member knowledge to be technical experts on SIS baseline solutions and software.
- Assist employees with career development.
- Provide peer review and oversight to all SIS projects to ensure proper technical management of scope, budget, schedule, and risks.
- Ensure all Mirion/SIS Quality Management System and Engineering policies and procedures are followed.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Engineering Leads to ensure projects are properly staffed according to project budgets and schedules.
- Interface and work with the PMO, individual Project Managers, and other Engineering Managers to assess the engineering staffing needs both current and future.
- Participate in departmental strategic and budgetary planning processes; prepare and administer work unit operating budget; provide recommendations on policies and goals desired; and implement new/revised programs according to established guidelines.
- Prepare job descriptions, identify staffing needs, provide general direction, and assign specific tasks and responsibilities.
- Provide guidance on system requirements, system design, and systems engineering best practices as required.
- Evaluate and mentor staff on technical and non-technical aspects of their job responsibilities.
- Identify needs and allocate the appropriate resources to meet timely completion of specific project tasks.
- Provide functional management of team members, including those working at remote locations.
- Coordinate with peer Engineering Manager(s) within SIS for knowledge management, information sharing, and ensuring consistency of engineering processes and solutions across the entire organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Five (5) or more years of engineering experience in software/systems engineering, including all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to manage technical capabilities, including resources in a specific area, processes and tools of the overall Engineering Department
- Ability to lead and be responsible for the technical evaluation of employees using formal and informal (daily interaction and counseling) methods.
- Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate all team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to learn new products and skills as needed.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with a variety of co-workers and customers.
- Experience working within a formal system engineering process-driven environment.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with SCADA systems.
- Experience working in the nuclear power generation security industry.
- Professional certifications such as PMP, CSEP, CISSP, or similar.