Grow your career with an innovative global bank working in Jersey City, NJ as a Project Manager with data analysis experience. Contract role with strong possibility of extension. Will require working a hybrid schedule 2-3 days onsite per week.
Join one of the world's most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services worldwide. Will track issues and pull teams together for issue review when there are data breaks within the investment platform to help maintain/ensure integrity, validity, timely availability of data to strengthen and improve efficiency of portfolio management, trading desk, investment research and product teams. This role will also help coordinate with other teams to help ensure data sourced outside of the team, meet, and comply by the requirements of the team. You will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.
Contract Duration: 12+ Months
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in banking or financial services.
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Strong in MS Excel, especially VLOOKUP and pivot tables for data analysis.
- Strong in MS PowerPoint and experience creating polished presentations for senior management.
- Excellent analytic and critical thinking skills
- Experience in working with multiple teams/partners including business, technology, production support, operations, business risk and infrastructure teams.
- Detail oriented with acumen to identify issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to host meetings/calls, confidently push the team’s agenda and productively track and assign actions and action owners and follow-ups.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prefer investments or wealth management industry experience.
- Prefer working knowledge of investment products including equities, fixed income and related analytics.
- Prefer experience in Charles River, BondEdge, PERFORM/CreditScope, Bloomberg, FactSet, or similar investment platforms and/or market data toolsets.
- Prefer experience with ServiceNow.
- Prefer experience interfacing with technology teams.
What You Will Be Doing
- Identify, gather and track issues reported by the business users in ServiceNow and Excel/MS teams.
- Bring teams and stakeholders together on regular calls to discuss and prioritize issue resolution.
- As part of the operations team, act as a point of contact for data issues in various portfolio management systems.
- Communicate data issues, indicating impact to stakeholders, and notify timely availability of data to Portfolio Management teams and Traders.
- Help identify areas for automation and work with Technology team to automate health check and reconciliation reports.
- Review recon breaks, investigate, resolve and escalate as needed.
- Day-to-day focus on application issues raised to the team and data feeds to/from portfolio management systems.
- Assess impact of any delay of data feeds and/or data issues.