We are looking for PRODUCT MANAGERS who enjoy working at pace, love embracing challenges, and have a passion for collaborating with highly capable, cross-functional teams. As a Product Manager for Generation Management Systems (GMS), you will help lead the implementation and operations of GMS-related solutions. You will coordinate requirements gathering, user engagement and provide GMS-related support operations, post implementation. A working knowledge of asset management and data integration with ISO and non-ISO SCADA systems will be needed. We embrace a culture of change and agility and expect our teams to continuously evolve and adapt to our changing world. We value great teammates, who can transcend organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and make those around them better. We actively seek out those who consider the perspective of others, while understanding and respecting cultural differences.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role include...
- Understanding business and technical strategies for GMS and aiding in their refinement and implementation.
- Understanding functional, technical, and support requirements for GMS and providing technical solutions that meet both tactical and strategic business objectives.
- Providing functional expertise related to GMS, PI Historian, and other related systems for both operational and project activities.
- Coordinating between various GMS stakeholders including the management of requirements and resolution of competing concerns.
- Documentation of best practices and maintaining an awareness of the evolving vendor product roadmap.
- Ensure all relevant business and change management processes are properly applied and market changes (regulatory or other) are safely managed, as business growth and expansion occur.
- Maintaining effective and transparent communication regarding the GMS portfolio status and priorities with business and technical stakeholders, including various levels of leaderships.
- Working with bp Cyber Security and NERC Compliance teams to support the analysis of NERC CIP impact ratings for GMS, SCADA and related systems.
- Providing functional leadership for GMS, PI Historian, Bid-to-Bill and related systems, including after-hours tier-3 support and critical project delivery.
- Ensuring maintenance and support activities follow internal processes and adhere to applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Performing analysis and developing recommendations to address complex technical issues related to the operation and control of resources, generation or load acting as a resource (LAARs), in the ERCOT market.
- Supporting future version upgrades of the GMS-related platforms.
- Driving continuous improvement of GMS systems and related customer processes.