Position: Network Engineer
Term: 6 Months
This role will work 2 weekends a month (most likely 8 hours). If you work a weekend, you are expected to be off during the week for the same amount of hours.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience with configuring Palo Alto Networks Firewalls as well as the centralized management system (Panorama) to manage large scale firewall deployments
- Palo-Alto firewalls configuration and administration across global networks for providing IPS/IDS Experience with HP ClearPass or related Network Access Control solutions.
- Work experience with NAT/ACLs, AAA, Layer 2 Security, Layer 3 Security, IPS/IDS, Cryptography, Site to Site IPsec and remote access VPN.
- Experience in building, configuring, and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls should include checking server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving security breaches and vulnerability issues
- Network Security Device Configuration of Firewall Rules, QoS Rules, User ID agents, Policies Packet Capturing.
- Experienced in migration of configurations between firewall vendors.
- Knowledge on mitigating various attacks and auditing of firewall rules to find control failures.
- Strong understanding of routing protocols, BGP, OSPF & EIGRP
- Provide as-built documentation for projects
- Responsible for fulfilling project management role as required.
- Develops, documents, and publishes project plans for large projects as designated by manager.
- Provides management with a status of work in progress on a frequency defined by management.
- Ensures all work is performed to meet standards and requirements.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures and safety rules and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Normally requires a minimum of eight (8) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective team leader and decision maker
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines.
- Good group presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.