Position: Outside Plant Engineer
Location: Front Royal, VA
Duration: 12 Months Possibility of Extension
Our client, a telecommunications carrier is seeking an OSP Engineer who will be responsible for performing general outside plant engineering for client OSP cables to include copper, coax, and fiber optic network projects utilizing client’s design and drafting software in an area that includes between and inclusive of Frederick County MD and Shenandoah County VA. The OSP Engineer determines cable routes, obtains easements, processes permits, designs network plant extensions, system re-routes and capacity upgrades. Additionally, the OSP Engineer coordinates contractors and provides engineering support to construction and operations teams.
- Determines cable routes
- Obtains easements
- Processes permits
- Designs network plant extensions, system re-routes and capacity upgrades
- Update network drawings using client’s design and drafting software
- Coordinates contractors and provides engineering support to construction and operations teams.
- 3 or more years of experience in outside plant engineering disciplines to include copper, coax, or fiber optic design
- 1 plus year of project permitting experience
- 1 plus year of experience with OSP design and drafting software
- Able to interpret technical material and blue prints with knowledge of fiber optic technology
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Hold a valid government issued driver’s license
- Previous Telecom Project Management experience
- AS degree in a relevant engineering or technology field is desired.
- Other candidates with a strong technical background and substantial industry or military experience will be considered.