Job Title: OSP Solutions Architect
Location: Remote office
Assignment Duration: Permanent Placement
OSP (Outside Plant) Solutions Architect responsible for leading the planning, design and pricing efforts for Outside Plant project opportunities ranging from small to very large. The OSP Solutions Architect is a key role in both internal and customer facing discussions for new opportunities and current projects. This role requires significant outside plant engineering and construction experience along with field experience.
- Lead design efforts for private broadband networks, middle mile networks, and fiber backbone projects. This includes designs of aerial, buried and underground fiber, new facility projects, and new customer service related projects.
- Manage engineering partners performing engineering design work and provide design guidance, standards, quality assurance, etc.
- Prepare scope of work language for engineering and construction services.
- Manage workflow and Jira software issue tracking and ticket creation to ensure project schedules are met.
- Review and assist in preparation of site drawings and permit application drawings.
- Oversee the posting of OSP design data into 3-GIS fiber mapping/management system, including facilities placement, cable count, fiber counts, count throws, ripples, etc.
- Interpret engineering drawings and assist with layout/design engineering work for construction.
- Take ownership to understand all guidelines and applicable codes, design and construction standards specific to each project.
- Interact with customers and project teams to resolve issues.
- Provide technical leadership and inputs for sales pursuit activities for broadband or middle mile designs, including proposal inputs, P&L inputs and direct interface with the sales team and customer to define requirements and scope of work.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus 10 years work experience in outside plant engineering & construction for private networks or telecom service providers.
- Working knowledge of Telecommunications industry standards and practices required.
- 10 years experience with OSP design of fiber optic facilities in aerial, underground, and direct buried applications.
- Experience with power or other utilities is a plus.
- Familiarity with mapping systems required, 3-GIS specifically is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project) required.
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents.
- Must have demonstrated organization skills and be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.