Position: Network Security Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA 20171
Term: 5 months
- Researches evaluate, engineers, develops, troubleshoots, and supports solutions and infrastructure.
- Defines and executes repeatable test procedures, creation of technical documentation, and delivers
- scalable standards for all implementations.
- Develops operational processes and works with software development to optimize, enhance, and automate those processes to achieve the greatest impact.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to successfully interact as a member of the engineering team and effectively collaborate in a diverse, multi-functional department.
- Provide day-to-day technical support on troubleshooting errors or issues with firewalls and network devices.
- Define process and support all platform lifecycle management to include the yearly audit functions, end of lifecycle platform, customer migration, and equipment decommissioning functions.
- Develops partnerships with key equipment suppliers. Communicates requirements, guidance, and desired capabilities.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Confident and mature individual with a high degree of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude to achieve outstanding, timely, and quality results and operate at the highest levels of excellence and process efficiency.
- Experience administrating firewall policies and analyzing firewall security and traffic logs.
- Expert knowledge of IPSEC VPN configuration and troubleshooting.
- Networking expertise in TCP/IP communication and knowledge of common application protocols and how they work.
- Hands-on experience with network and security solutions such as firewalls, network routers/switches, and site-to-site VPN technologies.
- Experience working with Juniper routers and switches.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in troubleshooting network devices, Firewall, and IPS.
- Experience with Linux, automation scripting with Python, and GitLab / ansible.
- Experience in VMware Infrastructure.
- 5+ years of progressively expanding responsibilities and experience in telecommunications, networking, technology management, or security operations.
- Use of packet capturing technologies such as Wireshark and tcpdump.
- Knowledge of platform technologies including Microsoft Windows, Unix, and Linux.
- Active TS clearance with current SSBI/T5R investigation with a polygraph.