Job Title: Network Engineer
Location Atlanta, GA - hybrid onsite and remote
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, installing, configuring, analyzing, and maintaining the company’s core local, wide area networks, and communications systems in a team environment. This individual serves as a resource on the Infrastructure Team to support project workload requested by departments within Information Technology. The Network Engineer monitors the performance of systems for timely completion of assigned technical infrastructure projects. The network engineer needs to demonstrate desire to advance their own skill set, stay abreast of changes in the industry, and improve on the status quo.
- Designs, executes, and documents project plans for various network infrastructure projects.
- Routing, Switching, Wifi, Firewalls, VPNs, VoIP, WAN Circuits, etc.
- Installs, supports, and maintains hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices.
- Implements and maintains the physical infrastructure underpinning the virtual environments
- Research emerging technologies and evaluates using requirements and operational considerations to support recommendations.
- Document and present findings for management review
- Implements the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Create and maintain documentation of systems, applications, environment topologies, and their security and network configurations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Infrastructure teams and assist with other Infrastructure team functions as needed.
- Microsoft Active Directory, Windows/Linux Servers, VMware, Azure, O365, and Identity Management
- Participate in status calls with Vendors, internal teams, and stakeholders as needed
- Contribute to continuous improvement through participation in team and departmental projects and workgroups
- Other duties assigned to ensure overall departmental
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or appropriate industry experience required
- Minimum 4 years in enterprise network management
- Minimum 2 years in network security management
- Relevant, industry recognized technical certifications are a plus
- Experience with cloud, and virtual infrastructures is preferred
- Experience with network upgrade projects preferred