Position: Network Engineer
Term: 5 months with potential for long term assignment or conversion to permanent
Our client is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the Digital Technologies (DT) Infrastructure Operations staff on the Network Engineering/Operations team.
This role will be responsible for a wide range of network responsibilities, with emphasis on route switching and on the overall performance of a system. Will work with end user services and cross-functional teams to provide requested network services, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Provides tier three/four and network support services for the enterprise.
- Implement system network measures in accordance with established procedures to ensure connectivity, confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation
- Supporting end users by using ServiceNow extensively to issue, resolve, and report problem incidents on a large enterprise network
- Completes activities focused on ensuring the safety and preventing the destruction of and unauthorized access to organization information systems.
- Assess adequate access controls based on principles of least privilege and need-to-know
- Analyze current network features, integrate new network features into existing infrastructures, and help to resolve integration and testing issues
- Understanding of network switching best practices and evaluating security requests for implementation
- Maintain system and company network while ensuring IT network compliance with company policies, external regulatory requirements, technical standards, and best business practices
- Communicating network related issues and risks to team members and leadership.
- Will serve as a network lead for simple development and deployment projects.
- Assists with supporting simple to moderately complex operational tasks that are assigned as part of a project implementation. May serve as a project lead for small to medium projects of moderate complexity.
- Properly document all systems network implementation plans, operations, and maintenance activities and update as necessary
- Assist with the organization and coordination of the activities of team members to complete network team deliverables for projects.
- 4-5 years of network routing and switching experience - Must have a good working knowledge of Cisco equipment.
- Must have experience working with ServiceNow software tools in a large network ticketing environment to issue, resolve, and report problem incidents on a large enterprise network
- Experience with Infoblox, SolarWinds, Nagios, and other network tools.
- A good understanding of networking and how to assign IPs, DHCP scope, VLAN, etc.;
- Experience with Microsoft and Unix-based operating systems
- Thorough understanding of fundamental and network concepts (operating systems, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, ports, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical expertise - includes the ability to think critically and logically in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Network certifications (e.g., CCNA, Aruba, CWNA, JNIC, etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise Firewall rules and rule creation
- Solid understanding of ITIL foundation service lifecycle
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.