Grow your career as a Mortgage Closing Manager with an innovative global bank in Jersey City, NJ. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will be responsible for leading various functions as it related to processing and closing, with an emphasis on Regulatory compliance as well as process reviews, process re-engineering and process alignment.
- Serve as a subject matter expertise for all regulations and processes pertaining to the Mortgage Operations Process/Closing.
- Lead process reviews and engineering projects for the business.
- Identify and document process reviews including process and control gaps, opportunity areas, etc.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and identify synergy opportunities.
- Assist with leading audit related deliverables and projects.
- Review and enhance processes to ensure they are robust and support a strong risk and controls environment.
- Own/drive follow ups for Compliance and Audit deliverables, including regulatory deliverables.
- Ensure all staff are following policies and procedures and complying with all regulations and processes.
- Develop training materials and an overall training curriculum to ensure all staff are fully knowledgeable in all processes and regulations pertaining to their role.
- Implement a process that will enable us to confirm the level of expertise held by staff and to determine where additional training may be needed.
- Drive process improvements to improve the client experience (internal and external).
- Work closely with upper management to define strategic roadmaps and drives execution.
- Ad hoc requests as needed.
- 10 to 15+ years of direct mortgage closing experience.
- 5+ recent consecutive years in a Mortgage Operations Management position with direct accountability for regulatory compliance.
- Expert knowledge of the mortgage regulations and processes, particularly as it relates to the closing process and in a large bank.
- Prefer Private Bank experience.
- Extensive experience defining, analyzing and enhancing processes.
- Proven experience working with auditors and regulators.
- Exceptional client focused mindset.
- Strong process mindset and focus on process improvements.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.