Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Mongo Database Administrator
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 9+ months
- Should have good experience in managing mongodb cluster (cluster with more than 20 shards or dealing with at least 10TB of data)
- Should have experience in automating upgrading / installing mongodb across multiple shards
- Should be able to manage cluster preferably without using ops manager (Includes backups, restore replication, scaling cluster etc.)
- Knowledge of mongo queries for analyzing slow queries and providing suggestions
- Should know to use tools for monitoring resource usage in the cluster
- Preferable to have basic shell scripting skills
- Experience in Privileged Access Management - authentication mechanisms like LDAP, Hashi corp, Active Directory
- Implement appropriate indexes for performance improvement.
- Fine-tune configurations – MongoDB and servers for performance improvement.
- Implement optimal backup and recovery.
- Understand and optimize query performance.
- Create and publish database health checks to monitoring systems for the following:
- Identify slow queries
- Replication lags
- Node failures
- Index usage patterns
- CPU usage
- Memory usage
- Number of connections
- Any other relevant params
- Evaluate, plan and perform Maintenance – during release/outage etc
- Implementing best practices for backups, replication, and health checks.
- Database hardening – implement best practices.
- Design and implement DR plans & HA solutions and recommendations.
- Work closely with the application team to understand what changes are coming in a build/patch/hotfix, do an impact analysis, fine-tune the queries if any.
- Automate the process of deploying DB changes so that we can support this for a new build/patch/hotfix.
- Act as an application DB during the design process
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity experience