Terrific REMOTE opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits
Job Title: Microsoft 365 Systems Engineer
Location: Remote with occasional travel
Under MIS management supervision and direction, analyze existing and emerging collaboration technologies to align the business’ current and future collaboration needs with the capabilities of Microsoft products and service offerings. Ensure that the technological needs of the business are met. Provide research and subject matter expert support to architects, developers, other project teams, and customers.
- In accordance with MIS’ strategic priorities, objectives, and business support initiatives, examine existing business processes to fully understand what the business does, how it operates and how current and future technologies can be implemented and leveraged to best support these processes. Identify gaps in processes, opportunities for improvements, and automation that leverages Microsoft products and service offerings. Clearly define and communicate problems to ensure we build and deploy effective solutions.
- Capture requirements, create mockups, and build proof-of-concepts for Microsoft 365 solution opportunities.
- In accordance with the company principles, work collaboratively with team members to plan, design, build, implement, and document solutions using available Microsoft 365 technologies.
- Provide ongoing support and consultation with team members to help them optimize the benefits from available technologies, tools, and applications. Document and measure improvements, repeat the process.
- Assist business customers with their questions and concerns as they relate to the Microsoft 365 platform. Provide escalated help desk support by responding to customer requests and questions, researching and correcting system problems, and following up with customers to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Manage Microsoft 365 support service requests.
- Understand the Microsoft 365 product roadmap and evolution. Assist in managing platform updates and communication to customers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, or related field AND three (3) years’ experience in an information services technology field, including two (2) years’ experience with Microsoft 365 platform solution development, integration, and support.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, or related field AND five (5) years’ experience years in an information services technology field, including two (2) years’ experience with Microsoft 365 platform solution development, integration, and support.
- High School or equivalent AND seven (7) years’ experience years in an information services technology field, including two (2) years’ experience with Microsoft 365 platform solution development, integration, and support.
- Working understanding of the Microsoft 365 platform, its products, services, and capabilities.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to be effective while working independently, as part of a team, in an office setting, remotely, or at an operational location.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- Ability to effectively contribute in a collaborative, dynamic Agile environment.
- Project demands will dictate varied work hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including high comfort level with speaking before an audience.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and workload; strong multitasking skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, employees, and customers/vendors of diverse populations
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English.
- Visits to mine and plant settings may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
- Certifications that align with Microsoft products and technologies.
- Familiarity with and contributions to the Microsoft 365 PnP Community.
- PowerShell proficiency.
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to identify, analyze, and gather solution requirements.
- Our Client promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws.