Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Metadata Analyst
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
Term: 18 months
- Develop and lead programs, initiatives for data quality, governance, and metadata activities.
- Design and conduct complex analysis to identify and remediate data quality or integrity issues and to identify and remediate process or control gaps.
- Analyze, assess, and test data controls and data systems to ensure quality and risk compliance standards are met.
- Identify data quality metrics and executes data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality.
- Adhere to data governance standards and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for optimal approaches to resolve data quality issues.
- Develop and implement plans for assessing the quality of new data sources.
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members.
- Drive planning and coordination on low to medium sized remediation efforts, acting as central point of contact.
- Leverage domain expertise and data, business, or process analysis to inform and support solution design.
- Consult with clients to assess the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility.
- Participate in cross-functional groups to develop companywide data governance strategies.
- Provide input into communication routines with stakeholders, business partners, and experienced leaders.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
Looking for BA.DA combo. Will do BA work to gather data requirement. Will need to work with metadata and data dictionary to organize, index data. Will write/edit SQL queries. Will trace ETL data Lineage. Should have strong interpersonal skills work with business partners.
Team – 27+ employee on the team – they are tasked overall compliance of the data (source to end user – controls stay in place)
- Hybrid Business Analyst 70% and Data Analyst role 30%
- Documenting req across data quality, movement of data preventative controls on sources applications. What is good and bad data
- Needs technical acumen
- Understand SQL and can modify queries
- Project management like work – work multiple projects at one time
- Knowledgeable on Metadata concepts – data dictionary and data lineage
- 5+ of relevant professional experience Business Analyst and Data Analyst
- 1 + years of risk identification and documentation experience
- 2+ years of implementation or project management
- 1+ years of creating metadata and data quality artifacts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Financial services/fortune 500 experience
Nice to have
- Tableau, Ab initio (BMH), Collabera a plus
- Consumer Small Business Banking Business Process Knowledge
- Consumer Small Business Banking Product Knowledge
- Deposits Payments & Treasury Management Data Domain Experience