Title: Mechanical Technician
Term: 6 Months
Location: Richardson, TX
Long term contract opportunity in Richardson, TX, for a Mechanical Technician.
- Under minimal supervision, provides mechanical support for research, design, development or manufacturing activities for various customers.
- Applies mechanical theory to lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify engineering prototypes and RC products.
- Sets up and operates standard equipment, and under supervision works with programming languages used on automated equipment.
- Documents mechanical design and modifications and has responsibility for documentation maintenance.
- Assists engineers with the development of new engineering processes and/or products to ensure their manufacturability, under supervision may recommend design changes.
- Perform as member of design team including leadership role utilizing effective communication skills.
- Solid understanding of written/verbal instruction methods used by customers.
- May provide support/instruction to less experienced mechanical technicians.
- Sheet metal experience.
- Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree, HS Diploma/Equivalent and seven years of related experience.
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Manual Mill/Lathe experience
- CNC Mill/Lathe experience/Haas, Fanuc
- CNC Programming/Machine Set-up, Tooling
- CAD experience/Solid Works
- CAM experience/Smart CAM-Sheet metal experience
- Press brake experience-Hardware press experience
- Rivet installation
- TIG welding
- General metal fabrication skills
- Model shop preferred
- Siemens Controller experience a plus
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.