MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in filling an urgent Direct-Hire role where you will work onsite 3 days a week in a beautiful office located in Downtown Chicago (2 days remote).
Are you an M365 Collaboration Engineer who has strong experience helping others with the behind the scenes aspects including SharePoint, Teams, etc? Have you adjusted SharePoint Online previously and can utilize with current projects already in flight including adjusting protocols? Are you looking for a new challenge/opportunity on a brand new team in the process of being built? Do you flourish in a dynamic, fast-paced environment?
If the answers are yes, this job is yours!
- New team – Microsoft Collaboration Tools
- Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer, Planner
- Will leverage the full potential of MS365 for the company's business needs, be responsible for creating space and insuring technology, for the configuration, deployment, maintenance, and support of MS365 applications and services, including MS SharePoint, Teams, SharePoint Online Planner, and Viva. You’ll also monitor system performance, security, and usage, troubleshoot issues, provide training to users, and manage the integration with other systems and platforms
- MUST: Adjusting SharePoint, work with different departments and adjust protocols
- Need people to help the Business with different aspects of each application
- They need people to help with the behind the scenes aspects
- Have some larger projects coming up and some are already started - Need to be okay with this type of situation
- Need people with SharePoint online and have administered it before and can utilize with current projects that are in flight
- Legal experience is a plus
Title: M365 Collaboration Engineer
The Microsoft 365 (M365) Collaboration Engineer is responsible for architecting the M365 collaboration platform – principally but not exclusively, MS Teams and SharePoint Online - for the enterprise. This includes oversight of the usability as well as the installation, configuration, and implementation/migration to the modern technologies. This position also serves as the escalation point for complex or confidential support situations. It is expected they will work closely with our M365 Administrator and our IT Architects.
- Works as a subject matter expert for M365 collaboration platforms and support the Assistant Director of Modern Workplace technically
- Works cross-functionally with internal/external IT partners to implement and manage collaboration systems to meet enterprise objectives
- Works closely with IT engineers and architects throughout the global technology environment.
- Leads the development of long-term strategic goals for collaboration systems, software, and physical endpoint
- Functions as a Technical Lead on projects by developing an understanding of existing systems and processes as well as identifying/determining future needs
- Works with vendor partners to identify and resolve complex product issues.
- Reviews and implement upgrades to critical infrastructure, servers, and applications involved in an M365 Hybrid environment
- Architects and implements collaboration technologies and advanced functions in technology
- Develops and documents M365 best practices, guidelines, security, and governance for the collaboration platform
- Works with IT and business leaders to manage delivery and operationalize updates to the M365 products.
- Works closely with the IT Information Security team, prioritizing safety of the firm’s people, systems and content
- Will be expected to read, write, and interpret complex technical documentation and have the ability to articulate information to all levels, verbally and in writing
- Leads the creation, configuration, and maintenance of M365 reporting capabilities, and executes various reports to provide data to management
- Responds to support escalations and investigate, analyze, document, and provide root cause resolution to reported incidents
- Manages protocols and polices around the lifecycle of SharePoint Online sites and Microsoft Teams groups, from inception to disposition, including proper management of any content within
- A mentor to other team members and provide training if required
- Fosters trust and builds relationships with the other Information Technology teams both globally and within the region, especially with co-owners of products such as SharePoint (on-prem and Online)
- Attends regular vendor meetings for areas of expertise, stays informed of latest technology roadmaps, security notifications, and bug/hot fixes
- Ensures vendors provide proper levels of support, maintains SLA’s, and provide root cause analysis for escalated issues.
- Ensures all team, departmental and firm policies and procedures are adhered to, including technical change management and service continuity
- Where appropriate, attends user groups independently or with senior managers and makes recommendations on improvements
- Attends and contributes to team meetings
- Completes all administrative tasks, i.e., (time tracking, project and task updates, trouble ticket notes, status reports, responding to email, etc.) accurately and on time
- Performs other duties as assigned or required to meet Firm goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience is related to the functions of the role
- Microsoft 365 certified – Enterprise Administrator expert, is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of M365 collaboration applications, required
- Prior end user facing experience, is required
- Prior experience working in a global organization, preferred
- In-depth knowledge working with SharePoint Online, required
- In-depth knowledge working with Microsoft Teams, required
- In-depth knowledge of M365 security and compliance including MS Purview, is required
- In-depth knowledge of Azure AD is required
- Holistic knowledge of the M365 Suite is required
- Knowledge of PowerShell including scripting, is required
- Knowledge of MS Power Platform is preferred
- Knowledge of Intapp Workspaces is helpful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of the Firm and outside vendors
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment and effectively support the demanding needs of the Firm
- A solid understanding of delivery frameworks such as Agile and DevOps would be helpful, however technical and communication skills are important to ensure successful outcomes as part of the wider team
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines with shifting priorities
- Committed to continued advancement with strong change management skills
- Commitment to process improvement
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Strong customer service skills, able to anticipate needs and exercise independent judgment.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion
- Exercises solid strategic thinking and critical thinking skills
- Ability to ‘challenge the status quo’