Position Title: Lead Telecommunications Technician
Job Location: Portland, OR Region
Permanent / Direct Hire.
Our long-standing client, a tier 1 telecommunications service provider, is seeking a permanent, direct hire Lead Installation Technician for its Field Services division to lead a team of Technicians while performing a wide variety of Central Office (CO) activities. As a Telecommunications Installation Lead, you need to be versed in installation activities, from intermediate to advanced system work. It includes installing and servicing telecommunications equipment from multiple Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
The company is a very well established and stable company with expanding projects and growth. That have a proven track record of consistently promoting from within as well as providing great stable career paths and benefits for their employees.
This role will have some local travel within the Portland metro area to client sites in the geography, but no overnight travel is expected.
- Leading a Team working on a variety of installation projects
- Receives and analyzes input document from customer, paying close attention to critical dates and detailed information supplied
- Reading and interpreting detail specifications, CDs, drawings, blueprints, schematics, and Methods of Procedures (MOPs)
- Managing the installation and servicing of telecommunications equipment from multiple OEMs including Ciena, Fujitsu, Cisco, Calix, Adtran, Nortel, Nokia, etc.
- Manage the installation of:
- Fiber optic cable
- AC/DC power and testing practices
- Cable trays
- Aux channel
- Equipment racks
- Horizontal & Vertical Pathways
- Manage and resolve equipment and technical issues as they arise
- Identify, label, measure and terminate routing cables
- Manage the interaction and communications with Client contacts, Project Managers and other subcontractors
- Perform quality validation on in-progress and completed work
- Complete operations paperwork (e.g., expense reports, timesheets, job documentation etc.) including daily job status reports as requested
- Several years of experience working in a CO environment
- 1-3 years leading a team(s)
- Several years of experience as a CO, MSC or Data Center Installer
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and reading Construction Drawings (CDs), drawings, blueprints, schematics
- Demonstrated experience performing CO MOP reviews
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of tools (Power Point/Excel /Word/Outlook)
- BSEE/BSEET/Associates Degree or equivalent work experience