Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Systems Operations Engineer
Location: NEW YORK, New York, 10017
Term: 12 months
- Execute incident, problem, change and release management across a wide range of applications and technologies.
- Drive remediation activities, run incident bridges, and provide status on active issues.
- Drive root cause identification and preventative actions.
- Effectively multi-task across a wide range of activities.
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with application development teams, business partners, end users, and direct leadership.
- Work with vendors and vendor products to troubleshoot issues.
- Identify gaps and single points of failure in current technology process or design.
- Create, update and maintain all aspects application specific troubleshooting documentations and runbooks along with training/knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Create, update and maintain all aspects of application specific build/configuration documentation along with training/knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Identify and develop automation for repetitive tasks.
- Ensure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- Execute daily maintenance tasks and proactive review of the production environment.
- Work incident, problem, and request ticket queues to ensure all tickets are completed on time and to satisfaction.
- Lead complex, broad impact initiatives including provision of high level systems consultation for the technology teams.
- Work as key participant in large scale planning of computer systems and network infrastructure for Systems Operations functional area.
- Review and analyze complex technical challenges, as well as escalated support issues related to core business solutions that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors, such as alternatives, enhancements, periodic systems reviews, or improvements to existing systems.
- Make decisions on technical changes and enhancements.
- Consult with engineering team on change design requiring solid understanding of technical process controls or standards that influence and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with technical peers, colleagues, and mid to more experienced level managers to resolve systems support issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 3+ years of application production support experience.
- 3+ years of SQL experience.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage initiatives involving process improvements.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology.