Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Remote, USA
Term: 6 Months, contract-to-hire
Our client's Automation Engineering team develops reusable tools and capabilities which internal product development teams use to self-service and accelerate software releases! They are looking for a Lead Engineer with demonstrable experience in developing cloud-native applications using Node.js. Equally meaningful experiences in implementing (IaC) and CI/CD Pipeline solutions. Excellent understanding of Networking, Security, DevOps, and Git concepts is required. This is a senior code-contributing role that requires excellent collaboration, communication, and user documentation skills. The successful candidate will be a high-energy individual who can develop peer relationships that build on positive and open interaction.
- Develop automation tools using Node.js, Docker, Lambda, and other AWS services.
- Build highly configurable IaC templates using CloudFormation, AWS CDK or Terraform.
- Build CI/CD Pipelines for e2e automation using GitLab, BitBucket or Azure DevOps.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Engineering, Infosec, and Compliance teams to capture requirements and launch automation solutions.
- Be an advocate for engineering standard methodologies, engineering metrics, and overall help set the standard on technical excellence.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years as a Node.js developer building microservices and RESTful services.
- 3+ years in developing cloud-native applications using AWS Lambda, ECS or Kubernetes or equivalent Azure technologies.
- 3+ years combined in AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK or Terraform.
- 5+ years in scripting CI/CD pipelines and DevOps, integrating with tools like Sonar, Contrast etc.
- Proficiency in networking and security concepts like DNS, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Encryption, etc.
- Experience with the MEAN Stack is a plus: Angular, NodeJS, Express, MongoDB Atlas
- Experience with Python and Golang is a plus.
- Experience with scripting/automation tools such as BASH/KSH/ZSH is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.