Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: ADDISON, Texas, 75001
Term: 12 months
- Responsible and accountable for end to end technical design and architecture of low latency web applications and service based applications.
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 12+ years’ experience of hands-on IT experience in developing highly integrated, secure web-based applications using Java.
- Wide Core Java Development experience.
- Experience developing solutions on a web application platform, Development expertise in the following web technologies: Java, Angular, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services etc.
- Hands on Experience with Microservies, Sprint boot, Spring Cloud and Netflix cloud ecosystem of technologies.
- Experience in deploying application in Cloud, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Rich experience working in Agile environment.
- Hands on experience adopting and implementing engineering practices such as TDD, BDD, Developer lead functional automation, Automated deploymen.
- Experience in recommending changes to application architecture with knowledge in infrastructure aspects and good ability to articulate to stakeholders.
- Skilled in configuration management aspects incl. Jenkins, Maven, UDeploy, etc.
- Direct experience with Mongo DB and Kafka.
- Experience of testing frameworks ex; Junit/Selenium/Cucumber.
- Relationship experience with business partners (SMES, stakeholders, PMs) and technology partners (data analysts, application developers, QA analysts).
- Ability to assess and solve problems, grasp concepts quickly, and design solutions.
- Familiarity with lending processes
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.