Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Scrum Master
Location: CHANDLER, Arizona, 85286
Term: 6 months
- Manage and develop Scaled Agile portfolios of the highest complexity.
- Guide the teams to follow Agile and Scrum practices to promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Optimize scrum team velocity to identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Oversee systemic impediments to team agility and guide the teams on methods to escalate.
- Deliver capabilities using agile practices while following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partner with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Collaborate with product owners, program or project managers to communicate delivery of work product from the teams and escalate key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Interact with internal customers.
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- As a Scrum Master, this will be a critical role on an agile team: enabling a team's nimbleness and successful delivery of customer-centric solutions by actively coaching growth of the members' agile skills and mindset.
- As a leader, it will be critical to ensure clear communication and helping the team reach its goal.
- This role coaches the team and its partners in good agile practices that focuses on delivering value, while guiding continuous improvement of their team.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Practicing Agile Scrum Master experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- The Scrum Master filling this role should have a technical background with proven experience in change management and not be afraid to raise issues and influence change while being comfortable with situations of ambiguity, conflict, and uncertainty. This role will be an important element of our agile development and delivery practice, helping realize our vision to continuously deliver customer value and improve the way we work.
- Emotionally intelligent, engaged, responsible, organized, self-disciplined, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to high quality deliverables
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to identify and use empirical data to identify areas of improvement
- Strong communication, analytical, critical thinking skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a practicing Scrum Master
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Experienced writing effective story maps, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Knowledge of patterns and practices for facilitation of agile teams
- Experienced team building skills working with various-sized, distributed or co-located teams
- Ability to serve multiple teams with highly complex deliverables
- 6 years of relevant technical experience in an Agile environment
- Detailed understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile software development
- Experience with Agile/DevOps/Quality practices (hypothesis-driven development, test automation, TDD, BDD, FDD, ATDD, etc.).
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI, CD) processes and tools
- Jira experience preferred (Dashboard creation, reporting analysis, JQL, etc.)
- Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills
- Able to identify and clearly communicate impact of risks to delivery with key business stakeholders and multiple levels of leadership.