Grow your career as a Lead Java Architect with an innovative global bank in Irving, TX. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will use comprehensive programming knowledge while working with multiple business stakeholders within technology to achieve technological objectives.
- Accountable for executing and driving results on large-scale efforts or multiple smaller efforts.
- Serve as a Development Lead for medium to large projects, including expertise with application development methodologies and standards for program analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and implementation.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of client core business functions.
- Support situations where end user consultation is required to identify system function specifications and incorporate them into overall system design and delivery.
- Independent work style, requiring little or no guidance by more senior developers. Decisions will make a significant, measurable impact on the business goals for the organization. During team discussions, will play a significant role with Project and Engineering Managers to determine potential risks to a schedule.
- Assist in the planning and managing of application development assignments generally involving large budgets, cross functional projects or multiple projects, and effectively understanding and analyzing both technical and business risks and impact.
- Effectively communicate those risks to the business owners so that they can make informed decisions.
- Provide guidance on architecturally significant efforts during the preplanning phase, and ensuring principles and best practices are followed prior to initiation of work. Closely watch and evaluate digital roadmaps, including impacts to support upcoming journeys.
- Publish design review extensions, and provide documented guidance aligned to sprint plans and timelines.
- Act as part of the design review board that will focus on the design process, search for generic patterns, and, at the same time, share best practices across the organization.
- Publish design patterns across lines of business and domain commonalities.
- Participate in Microservices and NGA code reviews.
- Empower SDEs and their teams by mentoring and coaching.
- Provide a long-term perspective for business and technology choices; using technical judgment to vet architecture as required.
- Able to direct teams on how to develop and deliver systems that are efficient with resource usage such as hardware, runtime, performance, load, and memory requirements.
- Responsible for broader design decisions and development of long-term strategies that significantly influence the development process and standards.
- Accountable for design reviews of Agile and Plan of Record (POR) projects as well as accountable for Code Reviews of Next Gen Architecture (NGA) projects. Expected to elaborate, promote and communicate design patterns applicable to NGA architectures and solutions.
- Accountable for providing architectural guidance to the SDE’s based on best practices and in alignment with company guidelines and platform.
- Create plans that have a clear path to delivery. Solve for dependencies between Agile and Waterfall delivery efforts. Help teams organize for delivery while maximizing resources for the greater good of the digital organization. Understand engineering best practices and apply best practices to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Elaborate, bring and communicate clear metrics on Design Reviews, Code Reviews, CI/CD and Design Patterns adoption.
- Demonstrate examples of influence in Scrum teams beyond own area of focus.
- 10+ years of Java development experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading end to end development-deployment of Microservices.
- Well versed in Java, J2EE development, Spring f/w and related spring technologies, Spring boot, spring cloud and other cloud native frameworks.
- Must have experience in Core Java (1.8+).
- Experience in designing and building Microservices adhering to domain driven design concepts.
- Experience developing in Microservices that would process millions of requests in real time and batch.
- Must have experience in performance optimizations and best practices using databases such as Oracle, NoSQL (MongoDB), RDBMS.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard interface architectures (REST, SOAP etc.) and protocols (HTTP, JMS, AMQP, MQ etc.).
- Hands-on experience in using Kubernetes/Docker running apps Kubernetes solution like OSE, EKS, GKE etc.
- Cloud experience is a must – Pivotal Cloud foundry, Open Shift (preferred), Kubernetes.
- Prefer experience with Public Cloud like AWS, GPC.
- Must have experience in architecting for APIs, integration patterns – internal, external, B2B, Single Sign On patterns, etc.
- Experience in architecting and developing 12/15 Factor Apps.
- Exposure to continuous integration and continuous deployment processes and tools (Jenkins, RLM, Harness etc.).
- Exposure to using various unit testing, integration testing and functional testing tools (Junit, Selenium, JMeter, Pactflow etc.).
- Knowledge of security best practices for building internet/intranet based web/mobile applications.
- Experience in emerging cloud native patterns like reactive programming, event driven programming, function services, etc.
- Experience in leading team of micro service developers.
- Proven project management skills.
- Knowledge of financial industry practices and standards.
- Prefer polyglot programming experience Java, nodeJS, Python.
- Prefer event-driven frameworks like Kafka.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.