Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Cassandra Engineer
Location: FREMONT, California, 94538
Term: 12 months
- Lead complex or critical database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and business groups, including database architecture, design, integration and data modeling.
- Provide the highest technical expertise for the planning, research, design implementation, maintenance, and control of server class databases.
- Review and analyze complex database technologies that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors including intangibles or unprecedented factors.
- Design and certify next generation database technologies.
- Assist in database installations, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Recommend improvements to web application processing issues and design.
- Consult with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long range internal and enterprise level database architecture and management strategies.
- Provide technical leadership and recommendation into the future direction of database technology.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 6+ years of experience in working in Database, Data Management, or Engineering roles
- 5+ years of progressive experience in high volume/high transaction data administration
- 6+ years of experience managing NoSQL databases such as Cassandra.
- 4+ years of experience in performance tuning and database monitoring
- 4+ years of experience in architecture and design of data systems using multiple data platforms
- Cassandra cluster planning which includes Data sizing estimation, and identify hardware requirements based on the estimated data size and transaction volume.
- Create, install, and configure a Cassandra cluster
- Use tools to monitor cluster availability and performance
- Conduct a stress test on a Cassandra cluster and interpret the performance results
- Cassandra Data Modelling, NoSQL Architecture, Keyspace, Table, Index creation, User creation & access administration.
- CQL Queries to support Integration with Cassandra.
- Ability to work on call as assigned.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment.
- Must have administrative knowledge in Cassandra
- 5+ years of Database Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.