Position: Lead Data Architect
Location: New Hyde Park, NY 11042
Term: 4 months
- Facilitates database design sessions and translates business requirements into logical and physical system designs for moderate to large complex use cases and provides a source to target mapping designs for delivery.
- Knowledge of modern cloud data model design patterns and ability to identify solutions that leverage these modeling techniques.
- Design the physical database model and implementation process that serves cross-functional areas. Designs the optimal data presentation environment for the customer and works with various reporting needs.
- Develops, tests, and implements moderately complex ETL (extract, transformation, and load) routines.
- Provides data analysis and technical support for highly complex query optimization and database proficiency.
- Assists in leading the effort to ensure proper integration with existing data, standards, and business processes.
- Aligning solutions with the ever-evolving data security space.
- Ability to direct the work of others, including but not limited to directing ETL development demonstrating an understanding of key concepts of ETL/ELT including best practices for optimization and scheduling.
- Addresses the customer needs, manages expectations, and ensures system-wide integration. A strategic mindset for the importance and power of data across a spectrum of use cases and possibilities.
- Develops, documents, and delivers complex ad-hoc queries of production data as requested.
- Works effectively with Product Owner and Solution Architect to determine needs, specifications, feasibility, and project priorities.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Proven understanding of data warehousing, data architecture, and BI with deep knowledge of modern cloud analytics.
- Expert in data analysis and data mapping.
- Expert in creating advanced SQL. (multiple joins, subselects, case, decode, and other constructs)
- Expert performing logical data modeling and physical data modeling.
- Knowledge of modern apps and data platforms.
- Experience with Cloud-based project implementation.
- Experience with data pipelines and architecture/engineering.
- Experience performing problem analysis and data investigation.
- AWS service and Snowflake experience.
- Problem-solving, interpersonal, and time management skills to handle high-pressure, complex situations effectively.
- Strong technical mentoring and collaboration skills, including cross-domain expertise and credibility with both data and software engineers, highly motivated by team success.
- Excellent communication/consultative skills and professional maturity, with the ability to switch contexts between highly creative and technical topics quickly and easily.
- Experience in an Agile + DevOps, collaborative environment; experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)