Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Tempe, AZ
Term: 9 months
Description: This job is a member of the Information Technology Team. Responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase a better place to live and work.
What you'll do
What you'll do
- Collaborates with leaders, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop needs according to business requirements.
- Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms using domain driven design and test-driven development.
- Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions.
- Creates detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates.
- Researches and implements new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance.
- Supports the development of coding standards and adheres to best practices and security guidelines.
- Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 5-7 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments.
- Cloud development experience a plus.