Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Developer, IT Applications
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Term: 9 months
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 6 - 8 years of proven experience delivering enterprise software solutions as part of a team.
- Ability to influence others through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust message based on the audience, including non-technical groups.
- Self-starter, motivates others to do the same.
- Proficiency in coordinating across multiple teams to accomplish goals.
- 6 years of Java development in a service-oriented architecture.
- 3 years Application Programming Interface (API) framework / REST development.
- 3 years in web services (mid-range) development.
Preferred Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- Experience delivering software to cloud environments - Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS, Google.
- Working knowledge of stream processing - Kafka, Spark
- Deep knowledge of DevOps concepts
- Experience with enterprise software security - PCI, PII.
- Mobile application development - Java/Android, React Native, iOS.
- 2 years technical leadership of IT personnel.
- Airline experience a plus.
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Experience in Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Nexus, TDD, Automated regression testing).
- Experience with hw/sw resource management, cloud framework implementation, micro-services, and Apache frameworks.
- Experience in service optimizations for performance.
- Ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, to be delivered in a successful and timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience leading large scale initiatives, and well-rounded technical background in current data management technologies.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- Java / JVM based technologies
- Data storage - SQL and/or NoSQL databases, ORM, caches
- Messaging - pub/sub, p2p
- Server-side web technologies - HTTP based services (SOAP/REST)
- Automated build/test/deployment tools
- Working Knowledge in the following areas:
- Full stack development
- Terraform scripting
- Infrastructure technologies - firewalls, NAT, load balancing
- Cloud design/architecture - microservices, SPA, BFF
Language & Communication Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups.
- Works with product management, developers and architectural teams to define strategy and requirements.
- Develops and drives high-level strategic initiatives and secures commitment from external and internal teams for new initiatives.
- Drives consensus on technical approach, sets timelines, and leads cross-functional application teams from design through delivery.
- Applies software engineering best industry practices to web applications and services.
- Provides technical guidance, direction, and decisions to team developing custom and off-the-shelf web applications and services.
- Works with Application/Enterprise Architects to establish development and deployment standards, and ensures adherence to technology platform decisions.
- Mentors and grows junior members of the team.