Grow your career as a Java Developer with an innovative global bank in Jersey City, NJ. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will be working on regulatory applications.
- Work closely with the business analyst, the architect and the user community to translate the user requirements to scalable solutions.
- Responsible for developing prototypes, unit test cases, design artifacts and real implementations.
- Continue to conduct research on new products and technologies, to ensure they and the team are aware of the latest products available.
- Ensure that the application components are built to the highest standards across the application lifecycle with a constant eye for process improvement through unit testing automation, one click build and deployment.
- Highly skilled Java-J2EE Developer with good Java and DB experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Java (Core & EE, Spring, JMS, JUnit) with a focus on object-oriented design, multi-threaded applications and distributed systems.
- Must have experience and in-depth knowledge of SQL and RDBMS.
- Able to write SQL queries, stored procedure, index and triggers.
- Experience of Agile development and Scrums.
- Prefer banking and securities domain knowledge.
- Strong knowledge on Core Java (preferred version 8), Spring (Core, MVC, JDBC), Hibernate/JDBC/JPA/ORM, JSON.
- Experience with messaging systems and enterprise service bus.
- Should have at least good knowledge of Big Data technology like Apache Kafka, Storm, Spark, etc.
- Prefer practical experience with at least one of the NoSQL/NewSQL technologies (MongoDB etc.).
- Strong knowledge on build (Ant/Maven), continuous integration (Jenkins), code quality analysis (SonarQube) and unit and integration testing (JUnit).
- Exposure to SCM toll like GIT, SVN, etc.
- Good analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the world's most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.