Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC Phoenix AZ ; Dallas TX
Term: 18 months
- Design complex application with Java programming, object-oriented design, cloud native design patterns, MongoDB, Kafka, Java Spring Boot, micro services and modern software design principles on cloud
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- 5+ years of Java / J2EE experience
- 5 years Spring framework (batch, integration, Springboot) and functional programming experience
- 3+ years of experience in solution design based on event driven architectures and patterns such as Command and Query Responsibility Segregation(CQRS) and Event Sourcing
- 3+ years of experience in Domain Driven micro services and REST API development
- 3+ years of experience working with Tanzu Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with Performance Tuning, Scaling, Security, Resiliency Best Practices
- 2+ years of experience in designing and engineering cloud native solutions
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent Enterprise
- 2+ years of Mongo DB experience
- Enterprise experience with one or more CI/CD implementation, configuration management and orchestration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitHub Actions, Harness IO, Spinnaker, Terraform
- Experience with one or more Test Frameworks, Capabilities & Tools: Junit, TestNG, Selenium, Appium, Lambda; Test Driven Development (TDD); Behavioral Driven Development (BDD): Cucumber/Gherkin