Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: CHANDLER, Arizona, 85286
Term: 6 months
- Engineer a standardized, automated build and release solution for consumption/use by thousands of developers.
- Create and follow enterprise standards for build and release automation.
- Promote intellectual curiosity: learn and apply new concepts and technologies rapidly.
- Innovate: develop POCs to demonstrate viability of new technologies that support business needs and will achieve automation at scale.
- Problem Solve: Apply advanced technical troubleshooting capabilities to resolve complex, technical issues.
- Understand the customer build, release, and deploy automation needs and provide solutions that align with Enterprise DevOps standards and client's vision and values.
- Provide consultation and training to application teams on the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL) and benefits wherever applicable to promote self-diagnosis and self-service potential.
- Accountable for high-quality delivery of assigned projects and mentor less experience staff on projects as needed
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- DEFAULT: 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- 7+ years of Java experience.
- 2+ years of Groovy experience.
- 2+ years of experience in BDD Test Automation frameworks such as Cucumber, Rest Assured.
- 5+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot with a strong understanding/working knowledge of advanced Spring concepts such as Spring Reactive, Spring AOP and others.
- 2+ years of experience in Microservices Development.
- 3+ years of Maven experience, Gradle experience or combination of both.
- 3+ years of experience with secure DevOps and deployment automation to cloud environments.
- Experience with developing and deploying to one or more Cloud platforms: AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- .NET Core experience
- NodeJS experience
- Experience utilizing PowerShell, Bash, Perl, or Python to automate complex manual tasks.
- Agile experience
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of application analysis and tuning including: memory management, process or thread management, resource management.
- Enterprise experience with one or more CI/CD implementation, configuration management and orchestration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitHub Actions, Harness IO, Spinnaker, Terraform.
- Experience with one or more Cloud platforms: AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure.
- API development experience with Apigee, Mulesoft, or a similar framework.
- Grid computing / Elastic compute experience with ephemeral instances like Nuke and Pave to scale on-demand leveraging containers and tools like Kubernetes, Docker, EC2, IBM Symphony Grid, Parallel Computing, etc.
- Experience with one or more security and code quality scanning tools: SonarQube, Fortify, BlackDuck, Checkmarx.
- Experience with one or more database platforms: Mongo, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL.
- Experience with one or more Test Frameworks, Capabilities & Tools: Junit, Nunit, TestNG, Selenium, Appium, Lambda; Test Driven Development (TDD); Behavioral Driven Development (BDD): Cucumber/Gherkin.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with any of the following: 12-factor/Cloud Native development, Kafka, GraphQL, Golang, Tekton pipelines.