Senior Advanced IT Network Specialist
Location: Scottsdale, AZ / Hybrid schedule
Contract: Long term
As the Senior Advanced IT Network Specialist, you’ll implement, support, monitor, and troubleshoot network issues being physical or virtual network infrastructure components and coordinate with team members and/or vendors. We’ll ask that you participate as an active team member and to be knowledgeable within the different elements of the networking environment.
- Expert level of support with Panorama as the primary implementation and configuration platform.
- Help manage and maintain the code levels and revisions as Palo Alto content updates.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Palo Alto firewall security with expertise in at least one of the leading cloud platforms: AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Write work instructions on best practices for firewall operations including implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Utilize automation components such as Python, Ansible, PAN-OS, API scripting, etc.
- Be familiar with Syslog server technologies as a troubleshooting tool such as Splunk.
- Support proof of concept and production deployments of cloud technologies including various integrations of third-party solutions.
- Help manage and support an existing rollout of Aruba next-gen technologies
- Develop on-premises and cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures for management group and account/subscription management and configuration (e.g. Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, AWS Config), access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management, user and administrator account management, access controls and password management.
- Perform on-premises and cloud orchestration and automation (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)) in single and multi-tenant environments using tools like Terraform, Ansible for PAN-OS, etc.
- Provide technical support for on-premises and cloud-native network security services and resolve service-related issues through research, troubleshooting, and working with the greater team as well as third party service providers.
- Support and enable junior team members across both technical and management leadership capacities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or equivalent plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience configuring Palo Alto Firewalls. Experience in network implementation on any combination of AWS and or Azure platforms.
- Working experience in the following:
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience with AWS or Azure cloud platform in security or infrastructure implementation and operations.
- 2+ years of hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems in networking using at least one of the following: Cisco, Aruba, Nexus, Juniper, Palo Alto.