Position: IT Business Analyst, Senior
Location: Hybrid / Addison, TX (3 days onsite / 2 days remote)
Term: 18 months with potential for contract to hire
Our client is seeking a technical Sr. Business Analyst to work on the Company's proprietary system. This individual must have strong SQL exp. Senior Business Analyst position is critical for this team to provide ongoing support to the North American and global markets. The individual's role will include developing a thorough understanding of the business, eliciting detailed requirements, creating use cases, producing effective test cases and providing ongoing support to their customers. The individual should also have experience with testing strategies and be able to write complex SQL Server scripts to validate data. Need heavy experience in Microsoft products basic understanding of Salesforce.com. Supporting a Global application and working day to day with customers and a global team.
- Provide day to day support to end users which includes researching and resolving issues related to Front Office application. While resolving the issues you will be working with development team closely. 20%
- Provide month end support to North America markets. This requires understanding of complex business rules and strong SQL knowledge. 10%
- Facilitate meetings, gather requirements and document business requirements and prepare scenarios using spread sheets, power points etc. 20%
- Test bugs and requirements on day-to-day basis. This requires understanding of complex business rules and strong SQL practices. 20%
- Acts as subject matter expert/SME on part of the Company's applications and work with different team to ensure a good quality of customer service to end users. 20%
- Validation of data for integrity based on business requirements 10%
- In addition to the above, incumbent is expected to meet the required competencies for this position as defined in the competency profile.
Skills and Abilities:
- Education Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other related field or comparable work experience.
- Experience 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or related IT experience
- Hard working focused and enthusiastic individual who can provide consistently high-quality work.
- Experience documenting business functional requirements and use cases, including conducting gap analysis.
- Must be analytical and very detail oriented with strong problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to elicit business requirements and define technical solutions to business problems.
- Solid understanding of business requirements gathering processes, business process flow, business modeling, business analysis, Data analysis.
- Results-oriented professional with proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, multifaceted, team environment.
- Need good communication skills and someone who can present well in meetings.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and communicate effectively with various groups throughout the organization as well as with 3rd party vendors.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with large scale relational databases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (Visual Studio/Web version), Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform a plus.