Our client is seeking two IOT Software Engineers for a 100% Remote opportunity!
This position is ideal for anyone looking for a diverse working environment with long term growth possibilities. This position calls for an experienced, knowledgeable, and talented engineer to design and develop software components for the Controls Engineering organization. As a software design engineer, you will have an opportunity to lead and collaborate with other engineers to design, plan, develop, and maintain software components for Internet of Things devices and Cloud.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the successful implementation and delivery of embedded software products and components throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Responsible for project deliverables on time and with high quality.
- Assure proper technical requirement definition with internal and external customers, marketing, manufacturing, and other support groups.
- Actively participate in the definition and implementation of new processes and improvements.
- Identify and create new technologies and ideas to increase the organization’s intellectual property and to better address customer needs.
- Participate in technical feasibility analysis and prototyping activities.
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- 5 years of professional experience in developing, deploying, and debugging scalable cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS) applications
- Experience with some of the Internet of Things communication protocols such as https, web-sockets, MQTT, XML/JSON, XMPP, COAP
- Experience in building and deploying applications by adopting Devops practices such as Continuous development, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) in runtime with various tools like VSTS, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and managing cloud services with Azure.
- Experience collaborating in multi-site software development teams and projects
- Design, Deploy, and Debug experience for cloud solutions involving scalable server back-ends, mobile, and web
- Familiarity with Azure Log Analytics is a huge plus
- Familiar with device and cloud software development on a IOT platforms such as Microsoft Azure IoT Hub, AWS IOT Core, or Google IOT
- Familiar with the architecture, design, device/cloud integration, and development of Internet of Things software
- Strong understanding of REST, micro-services architecture, Containers, Kubernetes, Azure IoT Hub & best security practices
- Ability to develop unit test driven software components
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Version control, bug tracking, change management, automated builds, and coding standards), continuous integration and distribution pipelines to deploy applications.
- Experience developing in Waterfall and Iterative Software development processes.
- Familiar with Building and Home Automation Systems
- Familiar with HVAC control systems