Great contract to possible permanent position in Rochester. To be considered you should have solid customer service skills as well as order entry and customer order management experience. Any electrical and/or automation industrial knowledge is a plus.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage daily relationship with customer
- Handle customer requests regarding orders, returns, requests, quotes, price and material availability.
- Process customer purchase orders, enter orders and confirm orders via fax, email, customer portals or phone.
- Ensures accurate daily shipment processing, product scheduling and shipment confirmations.
- Investigates and responds to customers requests concerning stock availability, order expediting, pricing, special items, as well as preferred carriers, special packaging and shipping criteria.
- Interacts with various departments such as Supply Chain Planning, Quality Assurance, Distribution, Marketing, and Logistics, to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Communicates leads and sales potential to outside sales force.
- Monitors and research service level reports (i.e. turn-around time and fill rates).
- Manage & maintain customer contract pricing by understanding market level pricing and managing vendor rebate pricing
- Uses probing skills to successfully increase order through upsell and quantity breaks opportunities.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate & proficient with Microsoft Office & Outlook.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain service levels.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates and/or bachelors degree in business or a related curriculum preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years successful customer service experience handling customers inquiries, requests, complaints, solving problems and delivering effective solutions preferably in a related industry.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP system a plus.
- Electrical manufacturing and distribution background preferred