Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX- Hybrid
Term: 10+ months
- Run our infrastructure with Terraform, Azure PaaS and/or Kubernetes.
- Make monitoring and alerting notify on symptoms and not on outages.
- Document so your findings turn into repeatable actions-and then into automation.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Proposes ideas and solutions within the product team to reduce the workload by automation.
- Plan, design and execute solutions within product team to reach specific goals agreed within the team.
- Plan and execute configuration change operations both at the application and the infrastructure level.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve the availability and performance of the system by applying the learnings from monitoring and observation.
- Complete Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations.
- Responsible for gaining a deep understanding of the portfolio and understand the integrations.
- Improving DevOps practices and accelerating delivery and take a lead role in troubleshooting technical issues and recommending changes to improve resiliency.
- Develop strategic technology roadmaps.
- Respond to TechOps incidents and provide support for customer incidents.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, and 5 years of experience.
General knowledge of the following areas with deep knowledge in 2 areas:
- Implement "Infrastructure as Code" using Terraform in Azure and on-prem infrastructure resources.
- Implement Github , GHA CI/CD and ADO cloud for automation.
- Load balancing the application including Proxies and CDN (automate).
- Implementing monitoring, observability in AKS and K8S.
- Monitoring and Metrics in Dynatrace and integrations with Moogsoft/xMatters.
- Open source Logging infrastructure.
- Able to script Automated performance testing scenarios for APIs and Web front ends and embed in CI/CD pipelines dashboarding/reporting query languages.
- Backend storage management and scaling.
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience:
- Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, and 3 years of experience
- Airline Industry experience helpful
Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- Experienced in technology transformations and migration to one or more Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) tools and platforms, and containers and container orchestration platforms (aka Docker & Kubernetes).
- Expertise in one or more cloud native relational databases such as MySql, PostgreSql and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and MongoDB and databases and migration to/from enterprise class databases highly desired.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, software, and technology platforms.
- DB Admin/SQL Server
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- VM Management
- Ping Federate
- Security Vulnerabilities (remediation/compliance)
- Automated Warehouse/Supply Chain experience helpful