Position: Infrastructure Architect
Term: 3 months, contract to hire
Location: Remote, USA
Approved states for hiring: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
The Infrastructure Architect is a key role in the Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice in the client's IT department. As a member of the EA team this role contributes to the development of an architected IT function for digital competency, as a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, managed services, and management networks, with a focus on integration, design, obtaining value, and insights from consumed Cloud platforms. This role contributes to and applies client’s EA practices to precisely create architecture designs and roadmaps.
The Infrastructure Architect will provide architectural guidance, technological vision, design pattern development. Specifically, this position will develop deployable cloud patterns for consumption in native and VMC delivery models, target architecture and plans for on premise storage and compute technologies (physical and virtual) and have full technical responsibility for all aspects of systems specification and design, ensuring compatibility with enterprise and other infrastructure solution architectures.
The Infrastructure Architect collaborates with other architects in the EA practice to develop a single, cohesive architecture and management plan for the IT enterprise, develops living architecture and repository for reference and use across the client, and contributes to mature the EA practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for client’s cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS and Azure and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management.
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the client's IT application/technology portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” articulate solution options, pros, and cons for each, present the recommendations and support cases.
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Contribute to DevOps development activities.
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications.
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners.
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed, work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk.
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations.
- Provide thought leadership in industry and to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements.
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts.
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems.
- Act as coach and mentor to engineering tier and other technical resources on their contributions.
- Help develop and nurture a cohesive team while ensuring their continued success.
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 4-6 years of progressive IT experience
- 3+ years relevant technology architecture experience that includes successful commercial product integration experience.
- 3+ years of architecture experience
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex technical subject matter and communicate the business and operations impact of choices to business and IT leaders.
- Effective communication skills to interact with all levels of technology and business partners. Excellent facilitation skills
- Experience in leading projects and working in a fast paced / agile project environment.
- Cloud Experience with two or more of the “big” three Cloud Service Providers (CSP’s) AWS, Azure & GCP
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in a minimum of infrastructure “domains” as it relates to cloud deployments; storage, compute, security concepts, networking, and the virtualization of these.
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solutions architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: SDLC Process, Security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture. ALM experience.
- Resiliency engineering understanding.