Do you have a thorough understanding of compliance and employment law/regulation within the Virginia, Maryland, and metro DC area? Have you worked in a retail and multi-site employment arena previously? Do you have experience building and supporting succession plans and performance management plans? This is a great opportunity to expand your career working with a company who is experiencing massive growth. Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates in a fast paced environment? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years HR Generalist
- Understanding of compliance and regulation within Virginia / DC / Maryland employment laws
- Should have knowledge of Retail and multi-site employment (will be visiting employees at different sites)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
What You Will Be Doing
- Support all functions and processes related to on-boarding and off-boarding of employees including background checks, new hire orientations, exit interviews etc.
- Assist with benefits administration including enrollments and terminations for all benefit programs.
- Audit benefit enrollments in HR data base with vendors.
- HR database management including data entry and maintaining accurate record keeping.
- Provide appropriate communications and promotes employee understanding of programs, policies, and objectives.
- Support the team with general recruiting such as posting jobs, downloading resumes, etc.
- Run reports from HR database for compliance reporting.
- Deliver HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Field HR support when new location is acquisition process to include interviewing, onboarding, data entry.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.