- Work with Hiring Manager to assist in completion with specific project plans (already defined)
- Keep project plans up to date within Smart Sheets
- Strong Project Management experience - 3-5 years experience (technology and retail services)
- Advanced MS Excel skills REQUIRED
- Smart Sheets experience REQUIRED
- Heavy collaboration and interaction with other groups including procurement
- Strong communication skills and oversight
- Heavy grasp to keep up with detailed project plan
- MUST HAVE FINANCE EXPERIENCE is a plus (strongly preferred)
- Mergers & Acquisition experience is a plus (strongly preferred)
- Workday - PLUS
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Previous Mergers and Acquisition experience is a huge plus
- Work 8-5 CST - preferred but could sit / work EST
Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required
Consultant Type: W2, Prime Provider, C2C
The Program Manager is accountable for planning, governance and overseeing the successful delivery of the
programs output/product. They are the key point of contact for program management of outside
clients by providing oversight to project managers and other key team members. The Program Manager
establishes the overall plan by integrating the project plans for constituent projects and creating the plans for
supporting program functions. This includes management of scope, schedule, finance, quality, resources,
third parties, risk, change and communications, in order to effectively forecast, monitor, manage, and identify
* Manages program efforts from initiation through deployment ensuring that delivery is in accordance
with budget, timeline and is of the required quality standards to meet client expectations.
* Defines and leads the project governance and overall program planning efforts by working with the
Project Managers, Client, Account Team, and other key Stakeholders.
* Works with the client and Account Team to establish program leadership forums, tracking tools, and
change request procedures. Note: For ongoing clients, the Program Manager participates, where needed.
* Sets up and maintains (directly or indirectly) the integrated program management tools including cost
estimates, resource plans, critical path views, risk mitigation plans, status reports and overall progress
metrics and related presentations. NOTE: For ongoing clients, this only applies to some clients / some
projects. This is evaluated by client and by project.
* Ensures effective transition to the Ongoing/Operations team.
* Provides leadership and management support to colleagues working on the program.
* Primary escalation point for Project Managers and other team members who need assistance resolving
* Interfaces with the client to facilitate overall governance and to build an effective partnership, where
applicable. Note: For ongoing, this is limited to a selected group of clients.
* Works with the other members of the Account Team to provide status updates to the client, the program
team, Steering Committees, and other stakeholders.
* Manages and reports on the program financials including providing estimates, the on-going allocation of
financial resources and the regular reporting of the state of the project financials.
* Employs and promotes best practice methodologies working within a framework that includes process
definition, templates, tools and Alight standards.
* Ensures project deliverables across the program are within the company's standards and contracted delivery
model. Make certain any differences are identified, reported, and resolved effectively.
* Develop the team to achieve outcomes acting as a coach and a mentor to develop individuals.
* Create strong morale in the delivery team and manage conflict resolution.
HR Services Program Manager Job Description 2
* For ongoing, partner with aligned Alight Delivery Executives to provide PMO support for assigned
portfolio(s) clients, support capacity planning process, manage new resource requests until fulfilled and
support talent development via coaching and feedback.
* People Management responsibilities (If required, insert from this LINK)
* Ensure compliance to the company's standards is adhered to across the projects being delivered.
* Ensure issues are escalated through the appropriate channels for support in resolution and to raise
senior management awareness.
* Share best practice and key learnings to support continuous improvement.
* Deliver program/project reporting and maintain systems of information in accordance with the company's
* Build relationships at both a transactional and strategic level to support the achievement of key outcomes
and joint goals.
* Identify and solution business growth opportunities.
* Develop new approaches and solutions as part of a continuous improvement cycle.
* Support sales and commercial activities, as needed and as part of ongoing change management.
* Building Effective Teams - Open up the world of opportunity, develop networks and blend people into
teams where needed. Ensure effective communication, foster open dialogue, encourage people to act
responsibly & take accountability for their work, defines success in terms of One Team. Creates strong
morale and spirit in the team.
* Drive Innovation - Be a problem solver. Enable & drive innovation by working with teams to develop new
approaches and solutions to problems that have not been previously done. Embrace & support change
and suggest implementation strategies. Seek, develop and test unique opportunities for business
improvement and/or growth.
* Develop Others - Delegates responsibility allowing employees freedom to decide how they will
accomplish their goals and resolve issues. Applies sound people management practices, to enable others
to deliver, whilst actively provides feedback and coaching to maximize their full potential.
* Grow Client Relationships - Establish and develop effective relationships with clients and gains the trust
and respect in developing ideas, proposals, projects and solutions that are mutually & financially
* Be Results Oriented - Maintain and apply a broad understanding of the business vision and the company's
Way of working. Understand financial management principles to ensure decisions are based on this.
Establish & embed quality processes, that are repeatable and scalable, to create discipline, accountability
& focus whilst driving others to deliver results.
* Commerciality - Drive commercial acumen and ensure adoption of Alight best practices.
HR Services Program Manager Job Description 3
* Technical/Operations - Understand the technical/operational solutions required for delivery.
* Service Operations - Identify skills/support in Service Readiness.
* Project Acumen- Implement and ensure compliance with methodology.
* Strong ability to advocate a creative atmosphere and facilitate entrepreneurial meetings.
* Strong communication skills. Provides information to others both internal and external to the
organization; represents the organization to customers and other external sources.
* Strong interpersonal skills to support team building: Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and
cooperation among team members.
* Strong ability to develop cooperative relationships to achieve results through a win-win relationship.
* Strong ability to engage others in the attainment of the vision for the future. Influences others by
enthusiastically sharing the future vision as a means for them to attain their goals.
* Strong ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing
dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
* Strong awareness of cultural diversity and can embrace and capitalize those differences; applies
knowledge in decision-making process.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelors degree and/or equivalent work experience required
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (or working toward certification within 12 months)
or PRINCE2 certification or equivalent preferred
* 11-15 years of project/program management experience.
* Strong practical experience in project management, which was gained through managing large and
* Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques.
* Strong leadership and management skills.
* Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
* The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
* Endorse change, sponsor change initiatives and search for other organizations best practices to adopt or
* Strong ability to identify project risks by defining risk strategies and developing the risk management
plan in order to reduce uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle.
HR Services Program Manager Job Description 4
* Expert in professional Project Management tools: MS Project, Smartsheet or equivalent.
Physical Work Conditions
* Virtual, or office work environment
* Willingness and ability to travel, dependent on program/project assignment/client location (10-25% on
Back to Job Search
MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in finding a Global Program Manager that is 100% remote. This is a great opportunity to expand your career working with a well-known company. Are you Global Program Manager with strong project management experience within the technology space as well as Advanced Microsoft Excel and Smart Sheet experience? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates in a fast paced environment? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
Global Program Manager - REMOTE
- Location: Lincolnshire, 60069
- Salary: $75 - $80.50 / hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 2 months ago
- Pay 75 to 80
- Function: IT Project / Program Management
- Job Ref: 239656