Seeking a junior GIS Analyst in Birmingham, Alabama. This position will be responsible for using Geographical Information System to support the organization as a part of Operations Services.
- Use ESRI desktop and mobile software to collect construction AsBuilt data and edit map features and correlating attributes to create permanent asset records.
- Support Data Quality by understanding data requirements and GIS processes.
- Support data integrity by completing basic editing.
- Support miscellaneous mapping and data inquiries as assigned.
- Use Maximo to workflow workorders throughout the AsBuilt lifecycle.
- Support other departments data requests and special projects using GIS.
- Conduct testing to support departmental database and application changes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead by example in support of the Company’s essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual’s unique skills and perspectives
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving and changing culture
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and establish rapport with a diverse array of people
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively in order to meet individual goals and deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and display a positive attitude
Required Education: (may include certifications, licenses and registrations)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Geoscience, Cartography, GIS or related field.
- Valid driver’s license
Required knowledge, skill and abilities:
- Basic understanding of ESRI software.
- Gas or other utility experience preferred.
Physical demands, work environment and work schedule:
- Work can be performed in an office, and/or field setting where ongoing exposure to the elements may occur.
- Typically 7:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Overtime and/or travel may be required