Sr Functional Analyst
Location Type: Hybrid schedule, 2-3 days/week in-office
Contract Duration: 6 months -through 7/30/2023
- Research, recommend and develop functional solution design; define business processes, improvements, and business objectives with focus on system capabilities and integration points.
- Map the solution to business requirements according to standards and program principles.
- Must analyze current needs, anticipate future needs and provide solutions integrating various business operations
- Partner with business and IT to ensure continuing delivery of new functionality at consistent if not increasing velocity
- Collect, document and analyze new large and/or complex work requests to determine sizing and approach for potential solutions
- Assist Leadership in prioritizing work requests, bug fixes and other initiatives as necessary
- Consistently provide and vet options as necessary for solutions that address requirements as well as non-functional requirements while adhering to best practices around standardization, scalability and usability.
- Maximize the amount of standard processes vs custom coding in solution assessment and alternatives.
- Consider capacity limitation and operations times; collaborates with IT resources
- Design solutions with robust end to end capabilities specifically
- Consider user impact, capabilities, limitation and adoption; collaborates with business process owners and Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Build, configure or partner with development to deliver and unit test quality and efficient functionality
- Provide solutions with capability to restart/recover seamlessly with monitoring controls and escalation points-built in.
- Provide knowledge transfer and direction to Testing resources as well as oversight for test scenarios, scripts and cases.
- Provide knowledge transfer to End Users, Support Team and Testing as necessary during for any functional remediation, change, enhancement or break fix
- Deliver and deploy only fully validated and vetted solutions
- Serve as subject matter expert for Areas of Responsibility for their respective product organization
- Provide documentation as necessary for the solution including but not limited to Business Process Design (BPD) Documents, Functional Specifications (F-Specs), End User System Procedures, End-to-end Business Process flows, User Stories, Knowledge Article and Deployment Scripts
- Provide support for functions as necessary including supporting junior resources, business support, root cause analysis and corrective remediation for escalated problems and incidents.
- Mentor and train junior resources and other extended team members and customer as necessary in the domain space you support
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Provide a can-do attitude with a pragmatic balance of velocity, quality, best practices and prioritization
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum five years of system specific configuration and implementation experience.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge of applicable business processes
- Demonstrated expert level application knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of integration points for transactional and master data
- Proven history of increasing responsibility and upward mobility in previous technical and functional roles
- Demonstrated expert understanding of, Business Rules Framework, patches, upgrades and support packs.
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent work experience.