Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Fullstack Java Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX - Hybrid
Term: 9+ months with possibility of conversion
This role will be involved in design, development and supporting the software for the development of Java for the Azure Cloud. This position will require rewriting the current platform on Java, Spring Boot and leveraging Azure Cloud platform.
- 4+ years of information technology experience in (Rest Services), Java Spring Boot and Azure Cloud Familiar with DevOps and Agile principles Strong knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, Groovy, Ready API, JSON, CI/CD, DevOps, HTML, production support.
- DevOps Experience (Ansible, Jenkins, TFS, GIT)
- Experience with Cloud Migration projects.
- Experience with design patterns, frameworks, and programming languages that include but not limited to Java, Spring Boot, Python, C++/C#.
- Strong SQL and NoSQL fundamentals.
- Knowledge with version control / source code management systems.
- Knowledge with formal build and release management workflows, tools, and activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional and team oriented with good communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for rapidly learning and applying new software technologies to complex problems.
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile concepts.
- Provides the day-to-day support of all relevant infrastructure and Customer Notification applications.
- Designs and plans expansion and growth of the cloud as additional lines of business migrate to the environment.
- Able to analyze code defects and production issues in Java Knowledge of SQL Queries and SQL development.
- Develops solutions for ongoing implementation and support application and front-end environmental issues.
- Follows established processes and improves current process/procedures to meet new application needs in various areas, maintain standards, monitoring, and developing automation tools.
- Partners with infrastructure team, architects, and other groups in validating installation packages, installation guides, developing build specifications, and performance tuning.
- Identifies opportunities to optimize current solutions and performs technical analysis and/or provides hands on technical support, in order to troubleshoot problems related to poorly performing systems in production and other test environments.
- Lead the design and development effort necessary to transition off of legacy platform to Java Spring Boot and migrate the Azure Cloud.
- Leveraging technical expertise to optimize and current base as we transition the platform.
- Prepares platform status reports with operation metrics.