Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Term: 36 Months
Location: Binghamton, NY
Long term contract opportunity in Binghamton, NY for a Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Performs complex administrative activities in close relationship to the day-to-day work of executive leadership. This will require prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, often with short lead-time.
- Will support individuals from multi-functional areas, but normally works in a confidential and highly responsive relationship with leadership.
- Complex calendar management, including schedule/coordinate of appointments/meetings and follow up on delegated items including the coordination of conference rooms and making priority decisions to resolve schedule conflicts.
- Make extensive and sometimes complex travel arrangements, including coordinating with other offices, customers and locations.
- Prepare detailed, timely and accurate expense reports, following established policies and procedures.
- Monitoring email communication and highlighting urgent matters requiring attention, preparing activity reports and leadership engagement opportunities, and coordinating meetings.
- Organize and arrange event/vendor/client executive visits; ensures quality, assigns and directs building management and office staff (reception, catering, events, security, tech/AV, cleaning etc).
- Secure conference rooms and supplies for visits and meetings, as needed.
- Ensure attendee list/visitor authorization forms are submitted to security.
- Interface between client management, building management, IT and office staff on all issues related to physical office space as needed.
- Serve as main point of contact for executive visits / external meetings.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment, requiring quality work, flexibility and individual initiative, and requires the ability to handle a variety of tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Interact with other administrative assistants collaboratively to share knowledge and schedule activities with senior leadership across the business, including resolving schedule conflicts as executive calendars change.
- Other administrative tasks, as delegated and requested.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, Office 365 and all products.
- SAP, Concur, SharePoint experience.
- Event planning experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting at the executive level.
- Familiarity of working across global locations and time zones is essential.
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.