Job DescriptionOutstanding long-term contract! A well-known Financial Services Company is looking for a RCSA Credit Card Merchant Services Analyst in Charlotte, NC (Hybrid).
Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package! Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong written communication skills to create written evidence and artifacts (must have strong grammar skills).
- Ability to perform Root Cause Analysis within regulatory environment (UDDAP, Reg P, etc.).
- SharePoint - Intermediate level skills.
- Ability to perform research (identifying issues, investigations, problem solving, critical thinking, ability to make determinations. (Constantly asking questions).
- Direct experience or strong knowledge of Credit card products &/or a background in Retail/ Merchant services.
- Investigative and critical thinking skills.
- Robust productivity experience (ability to meet production goals while keeping quality high).
- Ability to adapt and change directions.
- Ability to work in team environment (18+ team).
- 2+ years of Business Operations or Leadership experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
What You Will Be Doing
- Conduct research of closed customer complaints to determine whether the complaint is a result of a control gap within the organization.
- Perform root-cause analysis to determine cause of complaint and if it is repeatable.
- Pull text analytics and reviewing analysis.
- Work within SharePoint & (future state) PEGA to log justification reasons.
- Create PowerPoint presentations to present findings.
- Write executive summaries and narratives with strong details for results).
- Participate in a variety of assigned and ongoing business operations to ensure success in meeting business goals and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement by conducting root cause testing of all compliance and business metrics.
- Determine areas of strength or Business Execution opportunity within defined scope of work.
- Review and research strategies and action plans to establish effective processes while meeting performance metrics and policy expectations.
- Utilize independent judgment to guide moderate risk deliverables.
- Present recommendations to develop, implement, and monitor strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, and business performance improvement opportunities for managing risks of the business.
- Exercise independent judgment and provide guidance in diverse support functions and operations for a single business group within a line of business.
- Collaborate and consult with leaders and executive management.
- Provide work direction to less experienced Strategy and Execution staff.