We are looking for Enterprise Technology Lead Engineers who enjoy working at pace, love embracing challenges, and have a passion for building highly capable, cross-functional teams. As a Staff Platform Engineer for Generation Management Systems (GMS), you will help lead the implementation and operations of GMS-related solutions. You will provide the leadership necessary to align business and technology strategies in service of both tactical and strategic objectives for GMS-related solutions. This includes Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) solutions. You will be a source of expert knowledge for asset management and integration with ERCOT’s system and market operations and support potential expansions into other power markets.
Experience required for the position.
- Experience using OSI Monarch with PI Historian (or equivalent) systems.
- Experience using or supporting Bid-to-Bill Systems.
- Experience implementing and supporting Operational Technology Systems.
- Experience architecting or designing technology solutions
- Strong understanding of ERCOT QSE operations and managing portfolios of generating resources.
- Strong understanding of market settlements.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of utilizing GMS or equivalent control systems
- Knowledge of North American Electric Reliability Corp. (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) requirements and implications for GMS operations
- 5+ years of Software development with C, C++, .NET, or Java