Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant.
Position: Linux and Oracle Administrator
Location: Irving, TX
Term: 6-12 months - contract to hire
Hybrid - in office 1 day/week
- Execute Change Management process, including application installations, upgrades, Oracle database patching and break-fix.
- Execute and document Disaster Recovery failover tests of all applications within the scope of responsibility at 6-12 month intervals.
- Provide Oracle database administration and support for various applications.
- Provide Linux Mid-Tier server administration and support for various applications.
- Complete regular performance monitoring and trend analysis of database and mid-tier servers.
- Development and support for technology applications and tools utilized to carry out job functions (automation of repeating technical tasks).
- Create processes, procedures and metrics for excellent service delivery.
- Recommend new tools and other modifications to the environment to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Receive problem critical messages originating from monitoring tools, work with end users and other technical teams, troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate issues.
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 2 years of experience as a network or infrastructure engineer or administrator
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3+ years of experience as a network or infrastructure engineer or administrator
- Airline experience a plus
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Proficient in the following technologies:
- Oracle DB Administration/Applications running on Oracle DB
- Linux Administration
- LDAP/Active Directory
- Working knowledge in the following technologies:
- WebLogic Administration
- Apache Tomcat
- SQL Server, Postgres
- Cloud and Web Service Integrations
- Mobility applications and devices
- Citrix NetScaler
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated individual with strong desire to solve problems through investigative means; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time effectively.
- Exercise good judgment and decision making skills.