Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Engineer, IT Infrastructure
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 3 months
- Be part of the NOC Network Operations Center, providing troubleshooting support for complex hosting and enterprise network environments, participating in rotational on-call support.
- In addition, this position will help to design, implement, and troubleshoot network systems, application systems, and resolve routing/switching or other networking issues as they arise.
- This position will balance time working with Network Engineering, Network Architecture, Network Operations, Project Leads and vendors.
- As a part of the IT Infrastructure team, this position will work in conjunction with other IT Infrastructure resources to manage and maintain the organizations networking infrastructure.
- Produce and update technical documentation and diagrams supporting Engineering and Operations teams as part of project deliverables
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a network infrastructure engineer in a network operations role.
- Experience troubleshooting Cisco/Aruba routing and switching.
- Able to communicate with non-technical customers to identify and troubleshoot issues.
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 6+ years of experience as a network infrastructure engineer or administrator.
- Aruba/Cisco switch, and SDWAN experience.
- Experience working in a large enterprise network environment in a network operations role.
- In-depth knowledge of ospf/bgp routing protocols.
- TCP/IP networks and full understanding of all layers of the OSI model.
- Strong Hands-on experience and advance knowledge of network switching, and routing protocols like BGP/OSPF.
- Experience in SD-WAN technologies like Cisco Viptela, VM-ware Velo cloud.
- Strong Experience working with platforms like Cisco IOS and/or Aruba OS.
- General knowledge of Public Cloud Platforms like Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Experience of working with Palo-Alto firewall to isolate issues.
- Understanding of Web Proxy and PAC file configuration.
- Experience of working with network monitoring tools (SNMP, NetFlow, Telemetry).
- Understanding of Load-balancing concepts including on-prem and cloud LBs.
- Experience of TCP/IP Packet analysis to help identify issues (tcp-dump/Wireshark).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge.
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices.
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments.
- Understands enterprise level change management processes to make network changes.
Preferred Licenses & Certifications
- CCNA, CCNP, Meraki Network Assoc. or Meraki Solutions Specialist
- Cloud Certificates like Associates or expert