Location: Town and Country, M63017
Term: 3 months
- Creative problem-solving to identify the source of problems.
- Create or update documentation including network diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure consistent support of Client environments.
- Through Client consultation, realize growth opportunities for production Client environments.
- Provide guidance to adjacent support tiers to assist in the resolution of complex network, system, and security incidents.
- Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties. (internal and external)
- Partnering with the Problem Management Centre reduces reoccurring incidents.
- Provide consultative assistance to the Operations Centre during off hours as needed.
- Review system and network configurations with Service Delivery to ensure successful implementation of services introduction.
- Perform incident trend analysis to promote a stable solution within the environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in systems support role.
- Certificates of training in associated fields/equipment.
- Previous Operating Systems support experience in enterprise, IT, or service provider environment.
- Experience diagnosing complex issues through packet capture analysis. (Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, Sniffer Pro)
- Hands-on experience including but not limited to:
- Systems OS such as Solaris, (Redhat / RHEL)
- Hardware and firmware exposure in virtual and physical systems environments (HP, Dell, Sun, VMware, Egenera)
- Server Loadbalancer configurations and support (F5, CiscACE, Foundry Server Iron, etc.)
- Common web server support (Apache, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following:
- Security technologies
- Virtual and physical security technologies (ie. CiscACE/FWSM, ASA, IP tables, ACL, etc.)
- Intrusion detection support and analysis
- Network and Systems hardware platforms
- Cisco routers and Switches
- Server Loadbalancers (F5, CiscACE, Inkra)
- Experience with Shell/Perl/Expect/PowerShell and/or other scripting languages and/or web development technologies like HTML, XML, and Java.
- Database Administration experience.
- Familiarization with SAS-70 and ITIL guidelines and practices.
- Technical certifications in areas of expertise. (Cisco, Juniper, Redhat, MS, ITIL, Nortel, Ciena)
- Project Management experience.