Location: Horseheads, NY
Our Client is seeking a Neutron Detector Design Engineer for their Horseheads, NY operation.
Individual will interact with other engineers and teams at various levels to ensure high quality analyses and calculations. Will develop documentation related to calculations, test results and analysis. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good communication skills, detail oriented and accountable for completion of work and assignments. Excellent planning and organizational skills, good judgment, and effective decision-making abilities.
- Preparation or verification of specifications: materials and parts; manufacturing procedures; tests equipment operation and overall test procedures.
- Preparation of technical and test reports
- Design of Experiments
- Support Engineering Associates on design analyses and specification reviews.
- Support Procurement group with sourcing materials, addressing questions and resolving technical issues.
- Support Manufacturing group (review in-process data, work instruction questions).
- Support Quality group on identification of critical characteristics, resolution of ttechnical questions and non-conformances.
- Support Sales group on technical proposals and customer inquiries.
- Perform periodic testing of detectors at a research reactor.
- Provide Customer Support: general technical questions; project reviews: troubleshooting field operational issues; return product evaluations; etc.
- Some travel is required (5%).
- B.S or M.S. in Nuclear Engineering, Physics or related science from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Passion/desire to work in the nuclear industry.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience in project or design engineering with experience in neutron detection, neutron interactions with materials and radioactive decay.
- Experience with use of nuclear detector equipment (e.g. spectroscopy).
- Experience or familiarity with MCNP a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office Products (Word and Excel).
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. For this position, the successful applicant must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.